Monday 15 November 2010

It starts...

I have noticed that a lot of programmers seem to have personal blogs to record their progress with projects. This allows them to maintain a certain detachment from the business side of things, as well as blogging thoughts and ideas that may, or may not, make it into final products.

So that is what I have decided to do.

I also thought that today would be a good day to start mine as it is my birthday (Happy birthday me!).

For those who don't know me, I am the lead developer and designer of Krazy Pengwin Software. This is my own company which will focus on casual games for Mac and Windows, although I will be working and releasing other types of programs from time to time.

At present, I have two games released, both of which are freeware retro-remakes. The first is a remake of an old Oric game I used to play a lot called Mr Wimpy. The second was done as someone who saw Mr Wimpy said I should try to recreate the very unPC game Mr Wong's Loopy Laundry. Both of these are available to download from my site (http://www.krazy-pengwin.co.uk).

Currently I am working on a new game, which is based on the old Lights Out handheld game from the 80's. I have brought it up to date and added a few new features. I will post more about this in the future.

I also have in test a Rune Log program for people who use the Norse runes for divination. this is currently being beta tested. Again, I will post more about this later.

My primary programming tools are BlitzMax, from Blitz Research, and RealBasic from RealSoftware, so there will no doubt be plenty of references to these products. for the record, I am in no way attached or affiliated with these companies, so anything I say about them is based on my own opinions and observations.

Well, that's about it for the first entry. I hope you like what you read and find some of my musings helpful.