Friday 28 January 2011

New direction

Well, it has finally happened. I have succumbed to the lure of the mobile market. I spent the last week teaching myself to program games for Android devices.

It turned out to be easier than I was expecting. Apart from getting my head around the Activity lifecycle, I thought it was quite straight forward.

This does not mean that I will be abandoning desktop platforms, I am hoping to produce desktop and mobile versions of future projects. I will also be looking at applications that will use both desktop and mobile devices in tandem, but more of that at another time.

As I am talking about mobile devices (actually, I'm typing this on my tablet), I have begun to use Evernote to store code snippets. This service, available at http://www.evernote.com, is a marvellous way to synchronise data between devices. I whole heartedly recommend checking it out.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment