Wednesday 21 December 2011

Comment About Comments

After posting my last tutorial, someone made a criticism, or rather an observation, about the coding style I have been using. I will be the first to admit, they are quite right in what they said, too.

I failed to use any comments in my code. I should have commented. No matter how small the piece of code you are writing, it is always advisable to put comments in your code. This can save you a lot of time in the future, especially if you haven't worked with that piece of code for some time. Even one line of code can cause a programmer to stop and think, if it's not too clear on it's function.

So, my apologies to all. From now on, I shall ensure that I place adequate comments in the code, as well as the explanations of the code function in the blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment