Friday 30 December 2011

Goodbye 2011... Hello 2012

As the end of this year is rapidly approaching, I thought I would take the opportunity to assess a few things and work out what changes I plan to make for next year.

Changes I have come up with so far are:

Shave more often.

My wife hates me having a beard or stubble, and I don't blame her, so I will attempt to shave every day. Not saying I will manage it, but I plan to try.

Finish what I start.

I am fantastic at coming up with new projects and starting them off, but I am one of the worst at getting my own finished. I have about five or six half finished programs sitting on my hard drive, as well as some poetry I started, but got bored with and some stories. Hell, if I get good at this 'finishing stuff' thing, I might even get around to that novel I promised myself to write years ago (but don't hold your breath on that one).

Learn something new.

2012 is the year I get off my backside and learn something. Something totally unrelated to computers and programming. I may even take a course, if I can find the right one and I can afford it.

Quit smoking.

This time, I am going to do it. I spend far too much money, only to set fire to it and inhale. I'm also getting to that age where I really should be thinking about my health a bit more. Which brings me on to...

Lose weight.

Somehow, over the last few years, I have managed to pile on a few too many pounds. Well, enough is enough, it has to go.

I think that's enough to get started, I don't want to over-do it. I do plan to get some more tutorials written too, so hopefully you will find something a little more interesting that my plans for the future.

As I will also be tackling some of my programming projects, most I will be restarting from scratch, I hope to be able to keep everyone apprised of the progress of these too.

Anyhow, I will be seeing the new year in with my family, so, as I won't be writing anything else here again until next year...

 

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment